Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Reflection- Focusing On Solutions

After a long, busy day I decided to come to the library to get some studying and work done. You know, trying to be a better student. I have a quiz due this week and I'll have a take home exam issued on Thursday, so I know I need to get at least a little bit ahead of the game. . . or at least catch up with the game as it is.

Somehow I went from studying Public Administration to browsing Peace Corps blogs and imagining myself as the narrator. I think that the Peace Corps has been a dream of mine since I first heard about it, probably in High School. Travel + Service, what better experience could a girl like me ask for? I'm grateful to have returned to a place in my life that facilitates even the thought of embarking on a Peace Corps service- single, unattached, and ready for the world.

Now is the absolute best time.

My application for UIS is due in 8 days, and I will be submitting it, hopefully early. I can't have another repeat of the Knox experience. . . I still wonder sometimes how my life might have been different if I had even finished the application- let alone if I had been accepted. Alas, everything happens for a reason, and learning from those mistakes is a part of growing and maturing.

Earlier this week, I decided/realized that it was time for me to focus on SOLUTIONS. Like everyone else, I have a multitude of problems to deal with on a daily basis. Some are relatively insignificant, like my hair, but others are quite pressing matters academically, financially, personally. . . but the problems are there nonetheless. Now, what to do about them? I also realized that I spend a lot of time thinking about the fact that I don't know what to do about lots of the problems. Not trying to find out what to do, just being concerned that I have no idea where to begin. Now is the time to focus on solutions, and to implement them. Thus being at the library at 1:00 a.m. after such a long day.

I know that I won't be able to fix all of my problems or remedy each single issue, but focusing on solutions will surely lead me in the right direction.

No comments: