Monday, April 04, 2005

I'm Scurrrreeed!

Last night I was in one of my creative moods. It was about 11pm or so and I started making some jewelry. I came across these charms I'd bought a while ago, and they all say the same thing: Follow Your Heart.

I sat there for a while thinking about those words, and what they mean to me. I thought about what my life would be like if I "followed my heart" all the time, and I think it might actually be more fulfilling. That fulfillment, however, would come at it's price because following my heart would surely land me on my butt lots of times. I never did like falling. . . That's why I can't ride a bike now.

When it comes down to it, I'm scared to follow my heart. I feel much safer following my mind, which more often than not doubts my heart. When you follow your heart, you do that thing that you want to do without rationalizing or weighing the pros and cons (which I do way too much of). Following my heart would have me picking up that phone and dialing those 7 digits that just may lead to a little piece of happiness in my life. Following my heart could also lead to my embarrasment and woe.

That's it. Following one' s heart is a black and white thing. Rationality leads this great grey area of uncertainty, but following the heart either produces good results or bad. Either you will be lifted up, or you will fall on your face.

Follow your heart.

Why follow your heart? Who says the heart is always right? Couldn't following your heart get you into a load of trouble?? Who or what gives the hear authority to lead which way to go?

But maybe I could try it. Just for one day, follow my heart, or maybe for a week. It could be an experiment! You should try it to, and we can log our experiences. It could be called the "Follow your heart project".

Who's in?

No comments: