Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Wednesday Haiku
Week almost over
"Hang in there" is what they say
Schoolwork is my noose


This next one goes out to all those students climbing that (rope) ladder of success.
*snap, snap, snap, snap*

Hang in There
You say,
"Hang in there"
Hang in where?
Hang in this,
the noose of defying that
ignorance is bliss?
I suffocate for air
as I "Hang in there"
dangling from that which I thought would enlighten me
only to suffer from the stress it brings.
"Hang in there"
Hang in where?
Hang in this
one thin branch on the side of that cliff?
first generation to take that leap
hanging here now,
they can't help me
"Girl, just hang in there"
Hang in where?
Hang by this
one fine thread of sanity
Just one strand, slowly unraveling
letting everything get the best of me
taking too much of a load, now my string is progressively breaking. . . .
If I let go I know I'm gonna fall hard
I hope the savior will catch me in his everlasting arms
And as I drift into what I know is the end
I pray he will revive me again.
But
looking at this rope, i guess i just forgot
it was meant for climbing, for hanging-not.
-Lyric

No comments: