Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ohhh (Friend)Boy
(Lemme break it down)

I consider myself as having always been honest with you. I think that honesty is indeed the best policy, and I simply don't have the deisre within me to decieve someone like you. Having said that, allow me to be honest and please take my words for what they are, as they are.

I like you.

Ok, not a surprise I hope. I say this because I want you to know this, I truly do like you. I think you are such an interesting person, from your background to your present, and even the thought of what the future holds for you is interesting to me. I like you because you are both smart and intelligent (and no, the two are not synonomous) and I believe that allows you to see past the superficiality of many aspects of life that people are turned off by.

That's a turn on.

You are a great person to converse with about deep social, political, and moral issues. Your viewpoints are excellent, and you express them well. In fact, I love the way you express yourself verbally. I could start a conversation just to get you going so I could listen to you talk, and hear what you have to say. There is something intriguing about your words, the way you arrange them, and where they come from as a result of your frame of reference.

It really is a turn on.

I also like the fact that I can, well, read you. I think its a very special thing when a person can read into your soul, and know the unspoken intricacies of your being. I know where your buttons are, what they are, and how to push them with the precise amount of pressure. I must say, one reason I like this is because I feel that it gives me a tremendous amount of power over you. As much as I enjoy that power, please believe that I will not intentionally abuse it unless. . .unless the situation calls for it :) Anyway, I enjoy being able to "read you" because I feel like I have a special insight to who you are and I kinda like what I see.

And that's about it. That's why I like you. I don't like you because you're so foine or anything (which yes, you are handsome). I don't like you because I think you're sexy, or funny, or particularly nice. I don't like you because of your style (*note-burn that dayum do-rag!), or the way you smell, or any of that. Those factors might be some things I like about you, but they are not reasons WHY I like you. Perhaps because I consider them to be superficial, easily changeable, and overall relatively unimportant. I like you for who you are, and I think that is why we have had a good friendship so far.

Now, however, after straddling the fence for a while, we have now crossed the boundaries of mere friendship. I cannot say that this was either intentional or nonintentional on my part. Nevertheless, boundaries have now been crossed, and I wonder where we go from here. Its actually a little strange for me being on this side of the fence, as I am still looking to the friendship side where the grass is far greener instead of facing my own lawn.

No comments: