Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 Will Be Divine

I usually end the ear off with a recap of the past year's events. Well, it's now the 1st, so I missed that. Plus, I don't remember a lot of what happened in '08. I'm a bit too young for my memory to be fading so quickly, but that's neither here nor there. What is here though, is 2009. Happy New Year!

2008 was a great year for me. I'd almost say that it was one of the best years of my life actually, and I knew that '08 would be special from the beginning.

Now 2009. I don't usually make resolutions, but I applaud those who do- those who are courageous enough to face their inadequacies and resolve to change themselves for the better. I have shortcomings of my own, and while I can't say that 2009 will be the year that I make that 180 degree turn and become the proper, put-together person who I know lives inside me, I do know that this year will be about change.

In 2009 I will work to be less lazy. That's right, I said the L word. LAZY. Coming home from work and sitting on the couch surfing the internet knowing that I need to be washing dishes, doing laundry, mopping, etc. Keeping dishes in the sink for days? No more! Letting laundry pile up until my underwear drawer almost runs bare? Uh-uh.

I will work to be more dilligent about keeping up my personal appearance. Now, don't get me wrong, I won't be walking around looking like a diva 24/7 although you can expect a more consistent level of fabulosity. Keeping up with my hair and setting goals for growth (shout out to the ladies at LHCF), maintaining my nails, definitely keeping my eyebrows groomed (although I swear the Indian ladies in town are determined to keep me out of their threading circles!). I might even shave more often . . . no promises there though! I am also going to drink more water and hit the gym to get my sexy on- not only for the cruise this summer, but for the benefit of my overall health.

I will work to be more organized. Use a calendar and personal planner. Put things in their place when they are no longer in use. Get rid of things that I don't need/no longer use (Freecycle it). Plan out my activities to ensure that I get everything done in a timely fashion, and also to ensure that I don't forget anything. Know when the bills are due, keep up with my account balances.

I will also do more blogging in 2009. I need to get back to my writing, to expressing myself. I am thinking of starting a travel blog to document my experiences before, during, and after my trip overseas.

If I can do all of these things, I will have a very productive and satisfying year which is exactly what I need for 2009 to be. I am ready for change in a positive direction and the excitement that 2009 will hold. I will reach out my hand and take advantage of the opportunities that I am so blessed to be presented with. I will be walking through doors that lead me to success and fulfillment. Oh yes, 2009 will be divine!

1 comment:

Ola said...

it is kinda sick how are have the same thoughts sometimes. If you haven't bought your personal planner yet i thinkg we should make and trip to B&N or Borders.