Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dear Love,

I write this letter in hopes that it will find its way to you. I know it's been a while, but I still think about you often, and I must admit-sometimes I miss you. That's kinda hard for me to admit, because I think we both know I'm not the sappy type. Well, I didn't think I was, but when you came . . . that all changed.

Sometimes I still can't believe that I let down my guard. You found the cracks in my cement walls and persistently chipped away at the stone until you were able to slip in. Thanks for not leaving me wide open and vulnerable. Then you left. Your departure was much more prolonged than your entrance. It's like you wanted to go, but just couldn't bring yourself to leave. I even still have some of your stuff at my place. . . Man, we had some good times. Warm summer nights under the moonlight and stars, chilly fall days cuddling and staying warm. You brought me feelings of joy, security and peace, and I did my best to nurture you as well.

We had our rough times too, which is to be expected. I never thought that it would always be a bed of roses, but I needn't focus on the negative. I just wanted to let you know that I simply miss you being around. Everyone is always talking about you, how wonderful you are, how horrible you are. . . I guess I'm lucky enough to know both sides.

And I think I'm ready to know a little more. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of you in 2009. I mean, you made a few cameos in '08, but maybe you can stay around for a little longer this year. I learned so much from you the last time you stayed and taught that introductory class- I believe it was called LV 107- First Love. I was taking a look at your catalog and you have a couple more 100 level courses, there is one called LV 109- Have Fun with Love that looks pretty interesting and something that I should be able to fit into my schedule. Seems like it would be a nice follow up and I could build upon what I learned in LV107. I also think it would be good preparation for LV 210- Second Try.

I'm willing to make the time if you are. It would be so nice to see you again, and to have you around. The stuff you left last time, I'll keep it safe for you but it would be helpful if you didn't bring as many bags this year (but I do love gifts, bring as many of those as you want!).

Thanks Love. I hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

Ola said...

*tear* duuuuuude we have to to talk!