Thursday, November 11, 2004

Whistle While You Work

I meant to write about this yesterday, but I couldn't under the circumstances that the subject was sitting right next to me (you know sometimes we have those computer screen peekers, hey I'm guilty too), and also I got distracted by unexpected company.Anyway, I'm sitting at the computer, doing my thang. The kid next to me, he was pretty nice, we had chatted a bit. I resume doing my work, and he continues to do his, no problem. Then he put on his headphones. Awww hecky naw. . .

Now, headphones can bring a variety of problems. One being that you can sometimes hear the music the other person is listening to, and if its some head-banging metal or some strange digital-tehno sounding type stuff, it can put a damper on my state of mind. But that wasn't the problem. Another headphone problem is humming. When jamming to your music, sometimes you are unaware of the world around you, and you get caught up in your jam and think you're actually on the CD too. You might think you're humming/singing quietly, but everybody and their mama can hear you. That wasn't the problem.

Since ol' boy had the headphones on, he obviously couldn't hear himself. First, his breathing got reeeeeaallll heavy, like he was sleeping. But he wasn't. I mean, he was almost like, snoring. This is when it got reeal bogish.

This man started whistling.

Not whistling with his mouth, like usual, no, he got that nose whistle thang goin on. You know about that, you've had it too. And it was LOUD. It wasn't your quiet, almost inaudible nose whistle, like wwweeeeeeeee, woooooooooooo (yes, thats the sound of a nose whistle ok?) Nah, it was loud like
weeeeeeeee, woooooooooo
weeeeeeeeeeeeeee, wooooooooooooooooo
weeeeeeeeeeeeeee, woooooooooooooooo

Now, I'm not one to get easily annoyed, but this was too much! It was like a scream! This man, sitting up here nose whistling, all loud, all up in my ear, nah. not cool. Especially when i think its gonna stop, but you keep going for 10 MINUTES!!! daaaaannnnggg man!

Just had to vent about that.

No comments: