Thursday, November 10, 2005

All Work and No Play. . .
Makes Elizabeth a sad, sad, girl :(

Girls just wanna have fun, and I'm no exception people. I have put in some work this semester. Goin to class, goin to work, goin to work, goin to church, goin to the library, goin to class again-that's basically a rundown of the weeks. I miss having fun. Can I have a day or 2 of act goofy, outcho mind, you-so-crazy, laugh till it hurts fun? That good ol' fun that wears you out so that when your head hits the pillow *snap* you're gone. That mad fun that you hated wrap up cuz the street lights were bouta come on. That double dutch, hide and go seek, freeze tag, yo-mama joke, hot summer day with a half-melted freezepop runnin for the icecream truck even tho you ain't got no money outside playin all day with the kids on the block cuz that's what's fun FUN.

I need some of that.

College fun consists of going out, dancing, drinking, and whatever else being under the inflluence might include, but I don't do any of that. The closest thing I've had to fun is having a "nice time" (see-2ra's B-day shindig *ahem* that's me far right). If not for that, I might be close to insanity.

I need get-out-of-your-seat fun. Something a little less calm and serious, cuz everyday life is that. Calm and serious is who I inherently am, but I'm needing a break from the monotony. I was chatting with friendboy today, and he was telling me how he's "finna be kickin it hard this weekend" because he hasn't had any social life these past 3 weeks. (Must be nice.)

In that case, I need to be kicking the ISH out if it and beating it like it like a red-headed stepchild that done stole something and owes me money.

I won't walk around all depressed and frowning, no, I shall continue with life and maintain my joy. But if you're having some crazysexycool fun that you think I might wanna take part in, send some of them vibes my way :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you and me both sista! I miss those good ol' days of FUN! I guess that's why I be acting crazy sometime just to reminisce. Don't worry, the semester's almost over so we could take a break.

Ola said...

hmmmmm....so ummm what u suggest we do to have that kinda fun? does watching TCP and frying plantaines count as that kinda fun? letme know.