Monday, November 28, 2005

You are asking for too much.

I am supposed to be writing this paper for my minority relations class. It's very interesting, as it is an autobiography and I for one enjoy telling my story from my point of view and explaining they why's and how's because nobody can tell it like me. (Hence the blog,-Let Me Tell You). So I'm thinking autobiography? Cool, bring it on! I knows my story! But this woman is asking for TOO MUCH.

The paper is 4-5 pages (no sweat). She wants us to examine how our race, class, gender, and sexual identities have formed who we are (no sweat). But to do all of that in only 4-5 pages? That is too much. I just got done with race and gender (um, should I cite myself from using 2 gender paragraphs from a previous autobiography??) and I'm already at a full 3 pages. I adjusted the margins, so I might be able to fit a small paragraph at the bottom of the third page. How many pages is it gonna take for me to say that I'm Black, po (yes, po), female, and straight? I could crank out at least 6-7 *shrug*.

I'm usually that person changing the font to arial (mmhm, just a lil bit bigger), fixing the side margins to 1.25 instead of 1 inch, separating paragraphs, and placing extra ENTERs after my heading and title just to get a lil more page length. Now I'm reducing margins, taking out ENTERs and even cutting out SO much I wanna say so I can fit in the 4-5 pages.

This is new, and I must say that is is all TOO MUCH, I definately like it better than trying to stretch a paper *_.*

3 comments:

Sonia said...

I think we switched position my friend. Remember I was the one who always had to find a way to make sure my paper is NOT to long. Now I'm doing all that you just mentioned. Margin to 1.5 instead of one, extra ENTER's here and there, double space heading..the works. This also is very new to me.

Ola said...

don't you hate that mess? don't forget to send it to me.

Anonymous said...

lol! You're too much ;)