Wednesday, November 16, 2005

"You make decisions, I make moves"

This was singlehandedly the most profound thing my cousin Jerome has EVER said to me. He hasn't known me for long, but I guess it doesn't take much time to figure out. We were at Wal*Mart (note-evil) shopping for some things to cook for dinner (note-I so miss cooking) and I would look at and compare prices and sizes of things, apparently far too extensively. What? I wanted to make the right choices. That's when he said it, "You make decisions, I make moves."

And sometimes I wanna make moves too. There are TONS of moves I would love to make, like:

Do a study abroad program in Latin America
Get a job where I can use my Spanish and my Sociology
Study a Semester at the University of Wisconsin
Begin to invest my money (Gotta start thinking about retirement)
Put together some activities at church for the kids

But as of yet I have done nothing to even prepare to make those moves. I haven't even made the move to cash my check from 2 pay periods ago!!!

"I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure"

Why is it so hard for me to make moves? All of my decision making gets in the way. All of the "what if's", plan B's, and uncertainties keep me from doing anything (ooh that rhymes). I end up milling about life and doing my best to deal with what is handed to me instead of making things happen. Making changes, affecting instead of getting affected, taking risks. . .

This cup of uncertainty is bittersweet.

2 comments:

Ola said...

WOW...that was deep. I like that. I wish i was someone who makes moves also *sigh*

I was told jsut today that 'you take too long ot make up your mind, so i'ma make it up for you."

You should use the last line "this cup of uncertainty is bittersweet" for a poem...i know u can do it! ^_^

Sonia said...

Man, that was pretty deep. "you make decisions I make moves" I wonder who told him that?

Anyway it do give one alot to thing about. Hum...am I a mover or a decision maker? (see...already I got somethig to think about)