Tuesday, September 07, 2004

You asked if I loved you,
And because I knew you were not asking whether or not I loved you,
but whether or not I was in love with you, I said no.

You asked again.
Because I knew I held some form of love for you,
I said yes.

So yes, I love you, and this is why I stay away.
Because I cannot give to you the love you desire,
You cannot give to me the love I need.

The love I give you, indeed is true.
Though I am not in love, but because I love you, I want to please you
I want you to be satisfied with my offering, I am willing to try and make it my best

The love you give me, I seek,
but these momentary moments will not satisfy the soul
Your love leaves me confused, wondering, wandering.

So what is this, our love?
To speak of love is to speak of many things, but of what do we speak?
Lover, what do you think?

No comments: