Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Because You Don't Understand

I wish
that i could open this box
and you could peer in
and every pain i feel as a result of you
would swarm your head
and get in your eyes and ears
and blind you
and attack you
and make you feel
like i do.
I wish
that you were on this side of the fence
and you could see how crazy you look
and hear how irrational you sound
and feel what about it makes me cry
and that it was you who
could not explain it either.
I wish that you understood.
I wish
that i could give you a magnifying glass
the size of the earth
so you could see the scope of this problem in my life
then maybe you,
with all the answers
and all the justifications
could tell me what to say
could tell me what i should've done
could tell me how to explain it to you
I wish
that i could cuss you out
and feel better
I wish
that your eyes could be opened
to this, the sun of my problems
and I wish
that I could steal your precious sunglasses
and I wish that you were exposed,
bound and naked to that sun
and that you would feel the heat
and that your eyes would squint
and that your skin would begin to scorch
and your poor eyes would burn, and sting
and tear.
but wishes get me nowhere.

No comments: