Thursday, February 10, 2005

Promised Land Tea

I likes my tea with milk and honey
now, come here baby, wontchu fix some for me?
cuz I'm tired, all day I been standin' on my feet
put that milk in my tea to soothe me to sleep.

6 o'clock in the morning
come on baby, fix me some tea
I got a long day's work ahead, and a short night's sleep
put some honey in there to make my day sweet.

Yes, I like my tea with milk and honey
how many times you gon' ask me??
Fix it up right, now. Don't mess up my tea
Lets both sit down and have a cup, and you can tell me your stories

I'll nod my head and smile, but chile' I won't be listening
I'll be too caught up in the taste and smell of my honey milk tea
See, it reminds me of the promised land-you know, land of milk and honey?
And the little piece of peace this tea brings makes it just right for me.

No comments: