Friday, September 23, 2005

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To. . .

You would cry too if it happened to you.

Well, it's almost that special time of year again. That special time that marks the day of my entry into this world.

My birthday is coming up. (Tuesday the 27th)

The birthday blues are setting in already. I normally get all depressed and gloomy around this time of year, and especially on my birthday. Perhaps it has more to do with the autumnal equinox than the acknowledgement of my aging, but nevertheless it happens.

I don't plan on doing anything special for my birthday other than taking myself out to breakfast (by myself) before class. Perhaps I will buy myself something special, or maybe I'll just save the money.

I'm trying not to plan on getting anything special since that would only get my hopes up, but it's hard. It's my birthday!! It should be the day that I am everybody's princess and the world loves me (okay, maybe a little far fetched). It should be a happy day of surprises from those who love you most. Ah, but alas I know it will be a day like every other, both busy and tiring.

And on top of that, this year's birthday will be flooded with memories of what I was doing this time last year. That my friends, does not help (though I can't believe it's been a whole year).

Perhaps birthdays are too glorified in the media, which is why I consistently feel dissapointed in mine each year.

In any effect, it's almost my birthday.

Whoopty-freakin-doo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my journal and leaving a comment. This is Libraluvz from Beautifully Human (http://libraluvz.bravejournal.com). Anyway, I'm a Libra too, so my birthday is coming up in a few weeks. It is October 11th, so exactly two weeks after yours. I hope you have a happy birthday regardless. It will be OK. I'm celebrating mine here, most likely, not with my REAL friends from back home but my grad school friends. I'm trying to look on the positive side.

Ola said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!