Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Happy Birthday to Meeeeee

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!! I love you!

I have decided to create my own birthday happiness instead of leaving it in the hands of friends, parents, and others. So the first step in creating birthday happiness was to extend my birthday(s).

I have declared the 26th, 27th, and 28th as my birthday(s), as it allows for pre, during, and post birthday celebrations.

Then, I have decided to get my own presents. on my pre-birthday, I went shopping for clothes, but didn't find much. I did however find the cutest suit. Its a skirt and jacket, white with either black or navy pinstripes. If I had a digi-cam, I'd surely share a pic with you. Best thing about it, it was ON SALE YA'LL!!!! Then I found some cute sunglasses. The only bad thing was that they had fake Louis Vuitton symbols on the side, but hey, they were on sale for $5. I could deal.

The highlight of my pre-birthday was the homettes bringing me the 'fridge from Elvis. I can now have cold beverages and food in my room. Thanks girls, and thanks Elvis!

After the girls left, I sang "Happy birthday to me" on the elevator ride up. I was lonely, and it was quite sad :( Also my sunglasses broke, which was equally sad because it's hard for me to find cute ones.

Today though, was the day I was looking forward to. The peak of my birthday(s) was to come with the ownership of the new India.Arie CD. I even dreamed about it. I could see it there on the shelf. I could feel the plastic in my hand. I could hear the sweet melodies and earnest tones in every lyric she sang.

But alas, there was no India.Arie CD to be found. I went to FOUR different stores and none of them had it, so I'm assuming the release date got pushed back. So since the only thing I had been looking foward to for the day turned out to be a drag, I went back home and slept. I slept through all of my classes, and barely got up at 4 to get ready for work. I had bought some superglue at one of the stores to fix my sunglasses with, but it didn't work. I bought a different CD while I was out, but it really sucked, and I don't think I can return it.

The highlight of the day was actually going to work. I was at the GED tutoring job, and mostly worked with one girl tonight, helping her with geometry. I remembered how much I hated geometry in high school, but it felt so good helping her understand. Maybe I should go into education? Just another thought for me to brew.

The other highlight was the happy birthday messages. I got a few on hi5 (which i never even bother with anymore), and a bunch on facebook (Obi even called me). Here's my favorites:

Jamie: Happy Birthday, Elizabeth. I feel like there should be something more profound to say than that. Hoorah? Anyway. . .now that we live, you know, five minutes from each other we should do dinner or something as stereotypically cheesy as that.

Jonathan: Congratulation on make it to your 20th Birthday. On your next one, I'm gone by you a 5th of something strong, but until then live it up. Enjoy this day it never come again. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Elvis: I want to say" Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to yooouuu woo oowwo wooo "
And I would also like to say "Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeee-eeeeee. Happy Birthday to me. And many moooooore!

*proceeds to break it down with Stevie Wonder's (aka the black) version)*

3 comments:

Ola said...

Feliz cumpleanos chica!

Sonia said...

I'M HOPING YOU ENJOYED YOUR BIRTHDAY JUST A LITTLE!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you did at least enjoy your b-day. That dreaming of owning the India.Arie CD cracked me up, I have to admit.