Monday, October 31, 2005

God is a good God

Yeeesss Heee Issssss.......

That's one of my favorite praise songs to sing because it is so true. He truly is good. This past weekend was probably the busiest this semester, and it was CRAZY.

Friday-Worked in the morning at TJ Maxx (9:30-4:30), then went home to get ready for church. Church started at 7, which meant to be there by 6:30 or so. Had church, it was GOOD. after cleaning up, we left around 11ish.

Saturday- I planned on having the morning to do homework and prepare for the day, but I ended up having to go to work at the Buckle because I didn't finish all the alterations from Wednesday. 11 a.m.-Worked like a dog/Hebrew slave (okay, maybe a lil exxageration) to finish everything in time. The sewing machine has been acting up (causing me more trouble) and we are almost out of blue thread (and um, most jeans are blue ya'll) but do you think the manager cares?? 3:30 p.m.-Ran to the store after work to grab something to add to my outfit to wear to the "Grown and Sexy" dinner at 4:00 (which ended up looking more like a business meeting dinner lol. But we did look grown *nod*) 3:50-Got home and dressed as quickly as I could, put on a touch of makeup in the car, and preceeded to dine with my friends. 6:00-Ran and took some pics in the dark after eating, 6:20-rushed to church, changed into my church clothes and shortly after I changed it was time for me to go up and lead worship and praise. After church, went downstairs to serve the food, stayed to clean up, got home around 1 a.m. *phew* Tried to stay up and make a quick outfit for the next day, but my machine was acting up, so I just went to bed.

Sunday- 7:30 a.m. decided to turn off my alarm clock. Sunday school was cancelled, so we didn't have to be at church until 11. I got up around 10:30, body aching, seriously contemplated not going, but knew I needed to. Quickly settled on something to wear (and I do mean settled). Popped some buttery kettle corn for breakfast and ran out of the house with church shoes unbuckled, extra clothes, and bag of breakfast in hand. Had church, it was good. 2:30-Get to my mother's house after much contemplation on where to go/what to eat. Ate some soup and wanted to wanted to sleep so bad, but it was soon time to go back to church. 4:00-Went back to church, had another good service to close with. 8:30-Served food again, and cleaned up while EVERYBODY ELSE LEFT THE CHURCH!!!! It was only me, Sonia, and my little sister, and that girl didn't hardly do anything. Errrbody else was ghost, but that's okay. Left around 10.

A sista seriously needs some sleeping in.

I had LOTS of work to get done for today (group project due tomorrow and group hadn't met yet, 3 page paper, study for a test tomorrow, do 3 reading summaries), especially since I didn't get to do any this weekend. I was getting a little anxious about it, wondering how it would all get done, but the Lord made a way. When they talk about a "way out of no way", thats what I experienced today. You know I had to give him the praise.

I managed to squeeze in a good long talk with Obie this weekend too. We talked for almost 2 hours, and I learned a lot of interesting things. We also discussed the time he tried to kiss me (did I tell ya'll about that?) He actually brought it up to use it as an example of how he interprets actions or something. I didn't mention that I knew he would try something before he actually did, it might have hurt his pride or sum'. Anywho, come to find out, he still likes me. He used the words "I'm attracted to you. . . , I find you attractive." :0 Fa Reeelz homie? Noone has ever put it in those words. I've heard "I like you" and things of that nature, and even lies of "I love you" but this was a new experience. I was seriously shocked but he coulda told a sista a minute ago. *sigh* Too bad he read my unaccepting actions as "rejection", but I'll let him think what he wants for now. I told him he should've just asked me what I thought of him instead of trying to interpret from my actions. LOL Silly boi.

So, it was quite a full and heavy weekend, and I seriously need a day to recouperate, rest, and meditate on everything. How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like you had a very eventful weekend. i am on facebook and i go to Central Michigan Univ. if you look for me on there my name is Melissa B.