Thursday, January 29, 2004

He keeps on.....doing great things for me
He keeps on ....doing great things for me

I really loves this song, and the lyrics are so true. God keeps on doing such great things for me. Now, at church we are on a 6 week consecration in which we are eating one meal a day, to get ready for the youth explosion we're having in March. It just started Monday, and I've been doing pretty good so far, but it's been hard. So yesterday, I was typing up my paper for Sociology class, it was about my Christianity subculture. All of a sudden, the computer froze and it wouldn't unfreeze, and silly me didn't save a bit of the work I'd already done. I must've pushed Ctrl+Alt+Delete a hundred times, but still nothing. I got sooooo mad. I got unreasonably mad. I was gonna have to shut the computer down and start my paper all over again. I talked to my mother about it, she just fussed about me doing my work at the last minute, which only added to my frustration. I was seriously about to cuss the computer out, I didn't care. My eyes began to swell with tears, I was thinking "I'm not even gonna do this paper anyway, I'm tired, I shouldn't have waited so long, I'm not even gonna go to class tomorrow." In the midst of my anger, I began to pray. I knew that my anger and perhaps upcoming actions were unjustifiable. I asked the Lord to take away my frustration, and I began to rebuke the spirits of anger, defeat, and procrastination. I shut the computer down, with tears still in my eyes. It finally booted back up, and when I went into Microsoft word, my paper was there, fully recovered.

Now, the testimony in this is not only that I got my paper back, although that was a huge blessing. The main thing is that I can see how God is working in me, especially through this consecration. There would have been a time when I would've cussed the computer out, probably even damaged it in some way, and left the assignment undone. That's not God-like. In fact, the last thing on my mind would've been praying. All while writing a paper about Christianity.

Matthew 7:8 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

No comments: