Monday, January 05, 2004

I want to get away...I wanna fly away. Yea, yea yea

That's how I feel, I need to get away. I feel like its due time that so much in my life needs to change. I feel like I am ready to grow, to spread my wings and fly, soar high above the clouds and do great things with my life. There is so much to life, so much to learn and experience, so much to be enlightened of.....I yearn for that.

So what is holding me back? I think living at home during college is not helping at all for starters. Even though I am technically an adult (18 woo hoo) and don't have nearly as many rules as I did when I was younger, there are still many things about living under your parent's roof that prevents growth. There will still be rules no matter what -clean this, be home by this time, get off the phone, etc.- and also living at home has you in a certain comfort zone. It may be uncomfortable to deal with the parents and siblings, but, the comfort is in knowing that your parents are there for you should you need them, that there will be food provided, shelter, all those lovely things. Growth does require stepping out of a comfort zone.

Another thing that is stopping my 'flight' is undecisiveness. I would love to just get up and go. But where am I going to go? And what am I going to do when I get there? See, the way I'm thinking, I want to go far away, if not several states away, out of the country (namely London). You don't just go to London. *sigh*

I feel like I need to be able to just go, and not be worried about work, family, etc. School, maybe. I just need to go, and be free and find some great thing to do with my life. I need to be a free soul.

In short, I feel much like a caged bird.

No comments: