Friday, March 26, 2004

My 5-Five people who have made my week interesting
Yes, this has been an interesting week indeed, full of poetry and new friends. (old ones too)

1) Julius. I met him this week, Monday I think, and he is absolutely great. He is from Africa, Cameroon if I'm not mistaken. He writes poetry, draws, and is a very intelligent individual (and handsome too *nods*). Sonia would always talk about him, and I've been wanting to talk to him for a while, but he was on vacation for what seems like the longest time. So now that he is back, conversing with him is a highlight of my day. He is so good with words, and from what I know about him, I'm not exactly sure what is making the girls in Cameroon not swoon over him.

2)Sonia. For some reason, everytime I have a list about people, she always makes it. I guess that's because she is a big part of my life. (awwww, sentimental moment) We had a little taste of some troubles this week, but luckily our quarrels never last long. A little more than 12 hours to be approximate, and that's only because it started at night, and you know, there's the whole sleep thing. I'm glad our friendship is strong enough to resolve petty differences without hair pulling, etc. (Which is why our friendship is better than Roc and Karen's lol) *oh, sidenote, was anyone else schocked and slightly surprised that Sonia wrote a poem? I sure was, she' s the last person I expected to write, I didn't think it was 'her thing'.

3) Ziad-Met him thorough Sonia too. He's from Guyana just like her. He writes poetry as well, but they are raps. The boy has skillz, no joke. I think he needs to get in a studio ASAP and let them rhymes flow. He's an interesting charachter and although we don't talk too much our conversations always seem fulfilling to me. Like, one day we talked about why people doubt themselves, because he seems to doubt his talent, like so many people do. He's a bit of a bad-boy, but he seems to have a good heart. Sometimes we get caught up in the wrong things.

4) Kabah. Yes, Yes, he writes poetry too, what's new about that one? I didn't meet him recently, it's been about a little more than a month that I've known him. He's really one of those cool cats, always chilled out, going with the flow, rollin with the punches type of thing. He made my week interesting by raping my poetry. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, raping my poetry. I was showing my poems to Amelia, and when it got to a certain one, I noticed it looked a bit different. SKKKKRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT- Let's come to a halt and stop the press. No this boy did not change the font of my poem. NO he did not. - Yes, he did. My reaction to this was one of schock, I was taken aback. What, was my font not good enough? I mean, what's wrong with my font where it has to be minipulated? No, it wasn't that big of a deal, really, but it made me wonder. He claims the font was illegible and that it gave him a headache.

5) Jeffery-to be continued......(suspense, I know)

No comments: