Thursday, March 18, 2004

This is great. Just great.

So my speech was due on Tuesday. I had all spring break to do it, and do you think I did? NO. Do you think that maybe I had some sense and started it on Monday?? NO! Tuesday comes and I have no speech, but the teacher must like me because she gave me until the next class to have it ready. That means Thursday. Ok, I didn't start it on Tuesday (but I tried), so once again I find myself sitting at the computer stressing myself out because this thing is due the next day. (Definate DejaVu of my last speech) I didn't actually start the speech until 1 or 2 in the morning. I was trying my hardest to work on it, but falling asleep at the computer wastes mucho tiempo.

So many thoughts were running through my head, it was really like I had the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other.
"Maybe I shouldn't even do the speech, its only 100 points"
"If I don't do it, can I still pass the class?"
"It's not worth it, I'm too tired."
"Why isn't my cappuchino kicking in??" (which it did around 3 or 4)
"I'm just gonna go to sleep, forget this, I can't even function."
"If I don't do this speech, I might be able to pass the class, but do I really wanna get a lower grade than necessary?"
"What if I have to take this class over??? Time, money, wasted....Then I probably won't be able to get int Georgia State, I'll never amount to anything!! Do I wanna let a speech stand in my way?"
"Would a speech stand in my way?"

Anyway, got a little over half the speech done by 6. Slept until 6:30, showered, ran for the bus. (excercise on top of exaustion, yes!) I figured i could write the rest of my speech on the bus, get to school and add it to my outline, and find a visual aid by the time class starts. Yeeeeea, so I couldn't find a pen. That's okay,i wrote it in bright sunny yellow highlighter, nice and shaky bus writing style. joy. I finally made it to class (20 min late) and i started to panic on the length. Would it be long enough??? I haven't even practiced this speech.

Did the speech. Made time. Class loved it. Knocked'em dead.

BTW, the speech was on boycotting Wal-Mart (Therese would be so proud!)

No comments: