Monday, February 16, 2004

Pieces of an unfinished poem....
My heart moans
My soul groans
Don't let me be alone....
=================
When I talk to you
Oh yes, I play it so cool
And when you walk away I swoon
=================
My heart's palpitating
As I'm waiting
Anticipating
=================
I hate the feeling of being in like. NO, not in love, just in like. I hate it when I think of a person constantly, they are always on my mind, and I just want to be with them. It doesn't matter what we do, just being around that person would satisfy me. I hate that. Why you ask? Because it makes me feel weak, I guess. I am Elizabeth, strong and tough. I am Elizabeth, gentle yet rough. I am Elizabeth, I don't take no stuff. So what in the world am I supposed to do when I feel this way? When my heart beats just a little bit faster upon his arrival? When my stomach gives a little quiver when I see him coming near? When I think of the conversations we could have and I overanalyze every potential "signal" that could possibly mean that my feelings are reciprocated?

What am I supposed to do, with these feelings I have for you?
What am I supposed to do, when I don't know if you are feeling it too?
What am I supposed to say when you toss that special look my way?
What more can I say, than I think of you all day?
How am I supposed to act all the while, I try to play it cool but I'm wearing a big smile?
How am I supposed to be, when these feelings don't seem like me?

This sucks, but I kinda like it.

No comments: