Monday, November 17, 2003

It's Over!!

The last day of the anniversary was yesterday, and let me say thank God it's over. It was lots of hard work. Lots. But it was "good good good, good so very good...." Every night was good but the opening and closing nights were the best. Lemme tell you what happened last night though.

I was getting ready in the back, getting ready for the praise dance that is, and I was so 'flustered' (I guess you would say) because we didn't even know what dance we were gonna do. Then Roc said we were doing Jesus Let Me Touch You. That's not the dance I wanted to do. I wanted to do Open Up My Heart. So, just as we're about to dance, House of Prayer from Kankakee came. By this time we have a full house. I was getting mad because now we have to dance in front of all these people, the girls don't really know the dance that well, we're gonna mess up, they're gonna look at us crazy..... All these thoughts were running through my head.

So, I knew we hadn't prayed together so I started to pray before we went out. I prayed that the dance would be anointed and that the Lord would have his way. We did our little intro and I was still a bit flustered but I kept praying. We were waiting for the music to start and I was praying praying praying.

We started the dance and it was going fine. We weren't even half-way through it when the music just stopped. STOPPED. I don't know if it was the CD or the radio but it just dead stopped and there was no hope for it. The prase dancers were just standing there, arms outstretched from "Sometimes to me you seem....so far away...."

We were just standing there, not knowing what to do. So, I started to sing the song. "And I wonder how to make it through the day...." And I sang the rest of the song until the end of the dance. Don't ask me how I did it because with that many people and no mic, AND I had a cold on top of that. Man, I know it was God. But, we finished the dance and it was anointed and God did have his way.

So you know I had to get my shout on after that. Martina, now why did you hold back your shout girl? I'm not too happy about that one....

O yea, so I got to see Martina again yesterday. That was cool, but I really wish I woulda got a chance to talk to her more. But it was cool just to see her again. Her and her *AHEM* "friend". Friend, like I'm supposed to believe that. Uh huh, we'll see about that one.

Anyhow, church was good and I'm glad the anniversary was over. It was quite stressful. This is how my day would go:

Go to class, go straight to work and put up with their mess, go straight to church (sometimes eat in-between), when I get to church, lead worship, lead praise, run to change my clothes to dance in, dance, run to put on a robe to sing in, sing with the choir, change back, sing with the group, go downstairs to help with the food, serve the guests, serve the pastors/ministers, finally sit down to eat, clean up after everyone leaves. *PHEW*

So this week I get to concentrate on my school work. YAY! lol

No comments: