Saturday, December 06, 2003

I was watching the ole telly today and I saw a couple of videos that made me think. This one song said something like:
"I'm the candyman, I got mo than just frozen juice cups"
Let me tell you now, this video was keeping it real, ghetto fab style. On the candy man line, it shows the rapper opening his refrigerator and its filled with frozen juice cups. You know, like, Kool-Aid frozen in a little paper cup. If that's not ghetto....But, it really brings back memories of my childhood. The song in general was about him being a drug dealer, hence, having more than just frozen juice cups. And, I'm not exactly sure why frozen juice cups would be in his refreigerator....wouldn't they kinda.....melt?

Then, what is up with Pharell? I'm sorry, but there is just something about him that is so cute. The boy just has something about him. It's not that he looks so cute, because he's not all that great looking, but there's something about his personality that makes you want him to say "come here girl..." which is when you would turn into putty. His rock/hip hop image really works for him too. What brotha do you know who has an asian guy as a sidekick, skateboards, and sings hip-hop music, and makes tight beats? Only Pharell can pull that one off.

Ah, now there is Kevin. At least, that's what I call him. Really, I don't know his name yet. Ok, let me start at the beginning of the story.
Yesterday Sonia came out to U of H with me, in between my classes. We were in the bookstore and we saw this guy. Immediately our nonverbal communication kicked in. I looked at her with a look that said "Hey, look at that guy. Cute huh?" She responded back with eyes that said "Yeeeeah, mmph, not bad at all" So, then he was talking to one of the salespeople at the bookstore and Sonia said (with words this time) "Oh, he has a soft voice too." Well, she didn't know at the time, but he heard her say that. He kinda gave a little look after she said that, kinda just like "hm" but nothing too noticeable. But I noticed. On his way out, he gave me a little look and nicely held the door for me. When I told Son' that he heard her say that, she was flippin out. "Awwww man, I can't believe he heard me! Awwwww" Heh. So aaaaanyway, I saw him again later that night. He was at Wal*Mart with who I believe must have been his mom. I woulda talked to him too, but he was talkin to his mom.

I have told myself that next time I see Kevin, I'm gonna talk to him. By the way, me and Son' can't come to an agreement on what his name is. We both agree though that it starts with a K. Kevin (my pick), Kyle (Son's pick). Only time will tell what Kevin's name really is.

No comments: