Saturday, December 20, 2003

"Our time and our color gotta coordinate..."

CP time, in case you all are not familiar with that. It stands for colored people time, explaining why for some strange reason, black people are often late, and rarely start things on time. If it's supposed to start at 4:00, it'll probably begin around 4:30 or so. I don't know why that is.

Anyhow, today I feel like shiznit (pardon my french-ebonics). I am sooo sick. My chest hurts like somebody is sitting on it, my voice is all raspy and I have a headache and a strange dry cough. Not coolness at all.

So, while I am at home today, trying to relax and take care of my ailing body, my job calls. Tell me why these fools ask me to come in to work. WHY OH WHY???? And tell me why I came in. I dragged my sick body in to work, was miserable, and left early anyway. Now what purpose did that serve? I guess I'll just have a few extra dollars on the next check.

Everyone is home from break!! It is so exciting to see everyone from high school again. I was at work the other day, and I saw Angela!!! I was so excited, I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. Angela and I used to be really tight, we were inseperable. You saw Angela, you saw me. We drifted apart over the years. Majorly apart, but no matter what, she will always be a special person to me.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I absolutely love egg nog. It is one of the best drinks, and it's really sad that it is only around during the Christmas season. Although I love it so, I do have a problem with egg nog. It rips my stomach up!! Wooh man, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I only drank one glass of it at a time, but it's so good, I just have to keep going, and I always give myself a stomachache. So I was thinking "hmmmm, I wonder if they have soy egg nog..." I love soymilk as well, and I was thinking if they have soy egg nog, that would just be great. My mother, of course, looked at me like I was sick and crazy when I told her about it, She basically was like "What kind of sick drink would soy egg nog be?" Nevertheless, a month later, she comes home with some, and yes, it is all for me. *sigh* such joy comes with so called "SilkNog". I can drink it and drink it, and I know that I have no fear of a bellyache, and on top of that, it has that slight taste of soymilk. Lucky me, I get the best of both worlds!

No comments: