Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I Got Beef

Ok, this has really been on my mind lately. Yes, I have beef. With who? McDonald's. (no pun directly intended.) Anyone who knows me well knows that my favorite item at Mickey D's is not the Big Mac, or the Quarter Pounder, or even the ever so popular McChicken. No, I am strictly a cheeseburger girl. Give me a single cheeseburger and you have made me a happy woman. Really. Now, my problem is this. McDonald's has a value meal with 2 cheeseburgers, which is what I usually get. (aka the #2) I only get the #2 because of the cheeseburgers, but I really only want one. Now, what I could do is get a happy meal (which is what I sometimes do..) but, um, they always look at me strange when I ask for a happy meal. I'm usually not happy with the happy meal anyway, because in addition to the meal not coming in the box with the golden arch handles as it did in the days of old (comes in a bag instead, how happy is that????), the happy meal has a small fry and drink. I need a medium fry and drink, and I don't think you can supersize a happy meal. So, if I just want my beloved cheeseburger and no fries or drink I have a problem. You see, the single cheeseburger is $1.15 (thank you Ashleigh). But, if I go to the dollar menu, I can get a double cheeseburger for $1.10. Something is wrong with this picture. What kind of world do we live in when for 5 cents more, I get less?? Somebody please tell me. Now, my good friend Ashleigh says, "Well you get more for less" but, I don't want more! I want my single, one thin cheeseburger. She says, "Then get the double, and take off the other patty of meat." No way!! That's not only a waste of time, but also a waste of food. Besides, it would mess up the whole sandwich anyway. You know it's impossible because the cheese is all stuck to the bread.....it just doesn't work right. I don't know what to do about this. Why don't they just have a cheeseburger value meal? One cheeseburger and a medium fry and drink. So simple, so simple. I guess that would just make too much sense....

No comments: