Monday, October 06, 2003

Yes, I've finally done it!!

Ahhhh, a sigh of relief. I did it, I posted my first blog. It was truly a struggle but maybe I'll just appreciate it more now or something...So this is what my life is like lately. I've been praying and fasting alot just trying to get closer to God. I'm saved and all but I know that it's time for some spiritual growth. God will do it.... Then there's school. Ack, I'm getting so tired of school, it's really getting old. I absolutely love learning but the whole classroom and homework stuff just isn't doing it for me anymore. I just sit there and the instructor just talks "Blah, Bleh, Blah" for the WHOLE time. I'm just like "Dear God can this be any worse?" Of course it could be. I could be in a country where I didn't have access to an education because of my gender or race or religion. But I'm not and I have to thank God because he provided the finances for my education. So, I shouldn't complain. But I definately do have to get on my studies. I'm slacking and that's just not acceptable. I'm one of those people who have so much potential but I let it go to waste. Such a shame. Ah, then there's Lamont, Solex or Robert, whatever you want to call him. I call him Solex. I guess I can say he is my man. Or boi as Tura would say. I really don't know if it's like official but the vibe says it is. I met him through his sister Martina (who is a really cool girl). Get this: Solex is 19, he's graduated from college, he's a psychologist, and he has his own house. How crazy is that? I still kinda have a hard time believing it. It's truly mindblowing. He's cute too....What more could I ask for? Thank you Lord. I love talking to him online. We haven't talked on the phone yet but he's gonna call me today and I can't wait. O and how could I forget the most important part? This brotha is saved!!! Yea, he's a keeper huh?

No comments: