Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Taffy Apples

We have some in our refrigerator. I really want to eat one but there is a problem. Since they are in the refrigerator, the apple will be quite cold and hurt my teeth. Hm. Now, I have to leave out for work pretty soon so I can't let one sit out so that it could warm up, but, how long does it take for a taffy apple to get to room temperature anyway? Hm. Even if I let it get to a decent temperature where the apple won't cause me problems, the caramel will surely be too soft. It will slide off the apple and I'll eat it cuz it's sooooo good. Then what? I will be left holding a nice, room temperature apple on a stick. That's no good. Although good, the taffy apple certainly has flaws. It's also not a food you can eat around your friends unless they have one too. You can't just sit there with your nice taffy apple, with the caramel and nuts and all......And leave your friend to see you enjoying it and leave them longing for a taste. Then again, you really can't share it. Some food like chips or candy you can share but not fruit. An orange, okay, yeah but not an apple. Certainly not a taffy apple either. Everyone knows you can't eat something like that without at least a little juice running, which probably includes some of your own slob. Sorry Sonia, but I cannot share a taffy apple, even with you. Even without the slob issue, you wouldn't want your friend to eat off all of the caramel or something. We all know that's the best part. If it wasn't we'd just eat apples. On sticks I guess.

No comments: